GET A CLASS E DMV LICENSE
If you have a license from…
NEW YORK STATE
1. Fill out NY DMV Class E driver’s license form (skip the Commercial Driver License section).
2. Take completed Class E form to a NY DMV and switch to a Class E license (this takes ~30 minutes, no test required).
*If you already have a CDL (A, B or C), you don’t need to change your license.
NEW JERSEY or PENNSYLVANIA
1. Get F Endorsement. (Fill out application for Public Passenger Endorsement.)
2. Request certified abstract.
ANY OTHER STATE
1. Request certified abstract by mail or in person from your state DMV. Find out how to request a certified abstract from your state here.
2. Go to a NY DMV with your certified abstract and switch to a NY Class E license.
Already have your NY Class A, B, C, or E license? Or your NJ, PA, or CT license along with a certified abstract? Schedule a FREE defensive driving course at the Uber office: