Below is a list of required documents and steps you need to go through in order to drop off your TLC license. You can find the official TLC checklist here.
You won't be able to drop off your application until you have completed all the steps on this list.
1. TLC DOCUMENTS:
- Signed and printed Part A of the TLC License (you are applying for the for-hire-driver license)
- Signed and printed Part B of the TLC License (this is the doctor's exam)
- Confirmation email from TLC (search your inbox for an email from email@example.com)
- If you have an NY State license:
- You must upgrade it to a Class E or CDL.
- If you haven't received the physical license in the mail yet, bring the temporary Class E and your old Class D
- If you have an out-of-state license:
- No need to change your license
- You must obtain a certified abstract from your DMV (must be sealed and less than 30 days old)
- If you have a CT license, click the link above for more information.
- If you took the course online, you must wait for the certificate to be mailed to you (original + copy)
- If you took the course in-person, you may use the stamped and signed receipt you were given at the end of the class (original + copy)
- You must have taken the course within the last 3 years
- Your physician must have filled out the last page of Part B of the TLC Application (you should fill out the other pages)
- You must have been examined within the last 90 days
5. SOCIAL SECURITY CARD:
- You must have a valid social security number
Dropping-off at the TLC
Remember, you must complete all of the above steps, and have scheduled a TLC appointment before you can go to the TLC.
At the TLC, you'll get fingerprinted, drug tested, and you'll drop off your application.
Drug Test: $26
Falchi Building, 3rd Fl
31-00 47th Ave,
Long Island City, NY 11101