What is Uber Car Seat? Uber Car Seat makes Uber accessible to more riders by enabling families to travel with young children.
What does Uber Car Seat entail? Only invited partners will have the opportunity to attend a car seat installation onboarding program and also, receive a high-quality car seat from Uber so that families can travel safely with a young child. PLEASE NOTE, Uber Green Taxi partners are not eligible for Car Seat at this time.
Participating drivers will:
- Earn $10 extra on CAR SEAT rides (Uber Car Seat minimum fare is $8 + $10 surcharge = $18)
- Receive a car seat from Uber ($200 retail value); a $40 deposit will be taken and can be returned once the car seat is returned. Alternatively, you may purchase the IMMI Go and bring the new car seat in the box with tags attached to the onboarding.
- Be eligible to receive CAR SEAT trip requests
Some very important reminders:
1. Schedule: You must attend your scheduled session. You will not be admitted to onboarding unless you are on time to your scheduled session, and you park at the allotted garage.
2. Free Parking: There is free parking for Uber Car Seat onboardings at the indoor garage attached to the Uber office. You must park in the below garage to attend your Car Seat onboarding:
- 13 31st Street, LIC, Queens
- You must park at this garage to attend your Uber Car Seat session. The garage is attached to the Uber office. Once you've parked, enter the building through the parking garage and head into the Uber office to get started.
3. Eligible Vehicles: Please note that uberX, XL, Black Car & SUV vehicles are eligible for Uber Car Seat. Green Taxi vehicles are not eligible to participate in the program. Partners with Black Car & SUV vehicles will receive Uber Car Seat requests only when logged into their + vehicle.
4. Time: Please note that the onboarding can take up to 1.5 hours, dependent upon successful completion of the car seat installation test.
UBER CAR SEAT PARKING GARAGE:
13 31st Street [pictured below]
Long Island City, Queens, NY 1110